Blue gum wood uses
Blue gum wood is a versatile and popular type of firewood that can be used in various applications. One of its most common uses is for heating purposes, such as in:
- Open fireplaces (best mixed with a softer wood like black wattle firewood for a nice flame)
- Closed wood burning stoves
It can also be used for outdoor activities, such as campfires and chimineas, as it provides a good source of heat and burns consistently.
Tips for burning Blue Gum wood
Some users of our fireplace have expressed that the amount of heat released by our blue gum firewood is more than they require for their fireplace. However, this is not a problem as the temperature of the fireplace can be controlled by blending the blue gum firewood with another type of wood that burns with a cooler flame.
If you are having trouble getting a fire started using blue gum wood, we suggest using kindling and firelighters, or starting a fire with black wattle wood and then adding blue gum on top.
A Closer Look at the Unique Qualities of this Firewood
Blue Gum Firewood is a high-quality hardwood that comes from the eucalyptus tree. Here are some of the reasons why it's such a great choice for firewood:
- Hardwood: Blue Gum Firewood is dense, which means it has a longer burning time than other woods.
- Hot burning: The natural plant oils in the eucalyptus tree make Blue Gum Firewood burn very hot.
- Low smoke: Blue Gum Firewood produces less smoke than other types of wood.
To place your order of blue gum firewood from Randwood simply select an option above, or alternatively you call or whatsapp us on 081 390 3814 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer free delivery to Johannesburg, Randburg, Sandton, Roodepoort and Midrand.